Patient & Visitors Guide
Dato’ Dr Omar Abd Hamid is the founder and currently the President & Chief Executive Officer of DEMC. He has a long and diverse experience in hospital operations, planning and design, hospital feasibility evaluation and quality assurance. Through his leadership, DEMC has emerged as the leading boutique hospital that offers personalised service in an exclusive setup. His valuable project experience includes the planning and commissioning of the 1000-bedded Hospital Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (HUKM), and the 600-bedded Hospital Tengku Ampuan Afzan, Kuantan.
In 2003, he was awarded the prestigious national “Entrepreneur Award In Service Sector” by the Ministry of Entrepreneur and Development for his successful entrepreneurship in setting-up and managing a profitable private medical centre in Shah Alam.
He holds a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from the University of Malaya, a Post-Graduate Diploma in Hospital Administration (PGDHHSA) from the University of South Bank, United Kingdom and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Ballarat, Australia. He has also earned an intensive Management Training in Mayo Medical Centre, Rochester, Minnesota, USA.
Where is DEMC located ?
We are in No 4, Jalan Ikhtisas, Section 14, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan. * Kindly refer to our location map for further landmarks & guides
What are our operationg hours ?
- Polyclinic is open 24 hours.
- Specialists Clinic hours are as follows:
- Monday to Friday – 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Paediatric Clinic has additional 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm (Monday to Friday)
- Saturday – 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
- Sunday / Public Holidays – Closed
Who's who in DEMC Medical Team and what are the services provided ?
Our Medical Teams are all professional consultants offering a wide range of specialties and service, for further information please proceed to our Specialists Services page.
Are there parking facilities provided ?
There are ample basement & outdoor parking facilities within our vicinity. Visitor & Out patient:
- RM 2.00 for 1st hour
- RM 1.00 for subsequent hour(s)
- RM 2.50 after 5.00 p.m – 7.00 a.m
- RM 6.00 maximum rate (7.00 a.m – 5.00 p.m)
- RM 2.50 for Public Holiday and Saturday after 1.00 p.m)
- RM 1.50 for 1st hour
- RM 1.00 for subsequent hour(s) RM 3.00 for more than 6 hours
- RM 3.50 for more than 6 hours
- RM 4.00 flat rate per day and applicable for multiple entry. Prove by showing an admission letter.
- RM12 for each service
Loss of ticket:
What are our facilities ?
For your comfort and convenience, we have provided you with facilities and services under one roof:
- Sutera Lounge
- Inpatient Dining
- Home shuttle services
- Concierge and Valet
- Buggy Services
- Therapeutic Garden
- Convenience and Book Shop
- Wifi Access
- Daily Fresh
- Gloria Jeans
- Teh tarik place
- Florist and Gift Kiosk
- Auto-teller Machine
- Kayangan Hall
- Public Transport
- Child Play-area
What are the packages offered by DEMC
What are other value added services offered by DEMC ?
- DEMC Home Care offers a wide range of services for transitional or continued care in the comfort of your home. We believe that being in the surrounding of patient’s comfortable home will enhance speed up recovery process and enhance overall well being. DEMC Home Care provides customized care for those who prefer to stay at home but still requires ongoing medical care.
- ANTENATAL CLASS – provides information on pregnancy, labour ,delivery process and baby care. Classes are conducted by our Consultant Specialists and you will have the chance to discuss any concerns with other parents regarding labour and delivery process, breathing techniques and also share tips on how both parents can cope during labour and afterwards.
- DAY SURGERY UNIT (OUTPATIENT SURGERY) – this includes selected surgeries done and patient is discharged within the same day. Day Surgery allows patient to recover at home in the company of family and friends besides reduces the cost of operation and overnight hospital stay.
- DEMC Mama & Kids Club – was launched on 8th August 2004. Align with DEMC’s vision to provide the best care to every patient, every time and also offering an excellent and continuous service to customers, this club is a platform in expressing appreciation towards the continuous support given by pediatrics patients that have been loyal to the hospital.
*For more information, kindly browse our list of Services.
How do i make appointment ?
Appointments can be made via Online & Phone:
- For online bookings please proceed to our Appointment Booking page.
- For phone bookings please contact 03-5515 1966
We always encourage our patients to make an appointment at least 3 days before your visit to the Specialist’s Clinics.