Knee & Hip joint replacements are surgeries to replace all or part of the knee or hip joint with a man-made (artificial) joint. The artificial joint is called a prosthesis.
Why are Joint replacements Performed?The most common reason to have a joint replaced is to relieve severe arthritic pain. Your doctor may recommend joint replacement if:
You're having symptoms, such as:
- You can't sleep through the night because of the pain
- Your pain limits or keeps you from doing normal activities, such as bathing, preparing meals, and household chores
- You can't walk and take care of yourself
- Your knee or hip has not improved with other treatments
- You understand what surgery and recovery will be like
Other reasons for replacing the hip joint are:
- Fractures in the thigh bone. Older adults often have a hip replacement for this reason.
- Hip joint tumors
Exercising is good for you, but sometimes you can injure yourself. Accidents, poor training practices or improper gear can cause these injuries. Not warming up or stretching enough can also lead to these injuries.
The most common sports injuries are :
- Sprains and strains
- Knee injuries
- Swollen muscles
- Achilles tendon injuries
- Pain along the shin bone
- Ligamentous reconstructive surgery
- Meniscus cartilage surgery
For further information or enquiries, kindly contact us at:
- Careline: +603-5515 1894 | Email : firstname.lastname@example.org